Nikon announce 40mm f2.8 G Micro Lens!
Today Nikon announced the latest addition to their lens line-up, the DX-format Nikkor 40mm f/2.8 G macro lens. It boasts a true 1:1 reproduction ratio, minimum focusing distance of 0.163m (from focal plain) and a large maximum aperture of f2.8, making it a promising lens for capturing close-up details as well as portraits.
From Nikon Europe Product Manager, Zurab Kiknadze:
“This specialised macro lens lets you capture intricate details that are impossible to capture with a regular kit lens. It’s an affordable way to discover the world of macro photography and is even versatile enough not to limit photographers to that particular subject.”
- 40mm DX-format (FX-format – 35mm equivalent:60mm)
- Large f/2.8 maximum aperture
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.163m
- 1:1 reproduction ratio
- Incorporation of SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for quiet, accurate autofocus
- Metal mount with rubber sealing
- Manual focus capability in addition to autofocus mode
- Comes supplied with a lens hood and soft lens case
These sample images, shot with the new Nikon 40mm lens, appear courtesy of the official UK Nikon blog: I Am Nikon